Friday 30 November 2007

Texturing Continued

Next up to model was the Ballroom table and chandelier. These are two of my favourite items I've modeled, even tho i had trouble modeling the table and texturing the chandelier. Below is a final render of the ballroom, displaying my table and chandelier.

Here are two shots of my chandelier in action with Chester! Initially i found a stain glass texture, which look awful, and more complicated then need be. So i made a basic bump map, using the glass filter in photoshop. I applied that bump map to each plane and coloured the plane in Maya, making it transparent and reflective. It took me a loooong time to realise how easy it could be, haha!

Below is my table i modeled and textured. I basically planar mapped the top faces with a texture i made from a photo i took in photoshop. For the wood texture i used the cutout style, and cylindrical mapped the edges so the grain wouldn't get stretched as it goes round.

No comments: